Sunday, March 24, 2013

Book Review: Beta by Rachel Cohn

Beta (Annex, #1)Beta by Rachel Cohn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I picked up this book off of my TBR pile, not expecting much. I do find novels with cloning to be intriguing, and this particular twist with the souls of the "firsts" being extracted to keep the clone pure of any real emotions or memories was especially interesting.

I end up really enjoying this book. Without giving too much away, you can count on this teenage girl-clone not just sitting back and taking it.

We are left to wonder what exactly were the Water Wars, but perhaps there will be a prequel someday? You can definitely enjoy the storyline and anticipate what a possible clone revolution will bring without konwing those details.

Will I read the sequel? Absolutely can't wait!! While this novel is definitely giving you a set-up for an entire series, you can read this one alone and be satisfied with a great story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment