Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Book Review: Dark Star by Bethany Frenette

Dark StarDark Star by Bethany Frenette

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I really did enjoy this book. I was pulled in, wanted to keep reading, couldn't wait to find out how the "mystery" of Leon's overly-concerned behavior towards her and what power was buried deep in Audrey. I quickly realized that this wasn't a superhero story at all, but the idea of the "kin" using their gifts to protect humans was very intriguing.

But then, the big moments came...and I was let down. It became obvious as to what this book is...a setup for the series.

Will I read the next book when it comes out? Absolutely! I still have high hopes, and by no means was the ending bad. One disappointing ending won't keep me away. Just hoping the author gives us a little more excitement and teenage agnst! LOL



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment