Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Book Review: The Theory of Everything by J.J. Johnson

The Theory of EverythingThe Theory of Everything by J.J. Johnson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


You know that type of book that is really good, but when it comes time to be responsible and go to a bed at a decent time, you are able to put it down and come back to it later?

Yeah, this isn't that type of book, especially when you get about half-way to three-fourths of the way through it.

I didn't even skim-read as I usually do when a book is getting good. I needed to read and feel and experience what Sarah was going through as she continues to struggle with the horrific loss of her BFF.

The realness of this book, the deep-felt guilt, the desire to be ok yet not be able to pull yourself above water....all combined with boyfriend and parent complications made for a book that has jumped to my top big impact YA books.

In addition, this book is being added to my "unique feature" list. Each chapter starts with a visual representation of Sarah trying to make sense of her life through a series of graphs and diagrams.

Who should read it? Anyone wanting a book with a tough, real, sometimes heart-wrenching topic. Be warned that it doesn't end all tied up in a nice bow...which a book like this shouldn't, IMHO.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment